An outbreak of coronavirus disease has spread globally. The coronavirus, which is been widely spreading over the world and taking many innocent lives. The virus which has lockdown the whole world and mostly found in animals, but now it is impacting on human’s day-by-day.
What Is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus is not a new virus, it is basically from the family of Influenza virus. The influenza virus is a very well known virus that mainly causes pneumonia.
The name to the virus ‘CORONA’ is mainly given due to its “CROWN” like structure.
However, this is not the first time of the coronavirus outbreak. In 2004, this virus has mainly attacked china as well as in some parts of Asia. It is one of the types of zoonotic virus, as a result it transmits from animals to humans.
In addition to COVID-19 other human coronaviruses include-
- MERS Virus- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome.
- SARS Virus- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (which first occurred in southern china
Symptoms Of Coronavirus
The symptoms take 2-14 days for exposure
- Difficulty in breathing
- Dry cough
Causes Of Coronavirus Disease
Firstly humans get a coronavirus from contact with animals. Then, it gets spread from human to human. Coronavirus is one of the types of droplet infections like the common cold. The secretions which are spread in the air while sneezing of the infected victim may contain the viruses and while the other person inhales the secretions may get affected by the virus. It might also get spread by touching the infected victim or touching the infected victim’s things.
Prevention Of Coronavirus
Hand wash is the most primary prevention of coronavirus. The WHO is repeatedly focusing and requesting everyone to wash their hands frequently with soap and use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
It is a type of droplet infection so face mask may prevent the spread of coronavirus.
The WHO is continuously recommending to avoid travel as the virus may spread from one place to another or it may affect the healthy person.
Keep a safe distance, avoid the victims who are sick and avoid meetings in a large group. Cover your cough with tissue paper or a handkerchief.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
Learn more about Coronavirus prevention: How to reduce transmission risk
Treatment Of Coronavirus
Coronavirus has widely spread over the world and at present, there is not any particular treatment or vaccine of COVID-19. So, FDA is currently advising people to be cautious of websites and stores selling products that claim to prevent or treat COVID-19.
Some Basics About Coronavirus
- WHO recommends washing your hands frequently with soaps or an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- No, any evidence has been found that claims the spread of coronavirus from companion animals.
- The persons who are more prone to the coronavirus are old, diabetic, heart disease patient, asthmatic patients, and the children.
- Antibiotics do not play a key role in the treatment of COVID-19. Antibiotics fight against bacteria and as COVID-19 is a virus, then antibiotics won’t be much useful.
- No specific treatment is available at present for coronavirus. Only symptomatic treatment is given according to symptoms.