Frying fish is just as good as a side dish or even as a starter. You can also use a small fish fillet and a deep fry or shallow fry to make it as a finger food that is a good choice for a party or a potluck snack. Pan fried fish requires less oil but still has a crunchy crust and tastes delicious while deep fried requires more oil.
Here in India, we have our own several finger-licking fish fry recipes from which the authentic south India Fish Fry is a just awesome. It is completely yummy, delicious, seasoned with tangy fish masala. You can use a small variety of black sole fish or murrel fish that taste extremely delicious. Frying a fish can be done very easily using a variety of frying methods.
You can use readymade store bought fish fry masala or make your own to coat your fish for frying. Fried fish will taste better if they are cleaned and marinated and left for a long time or can be cooked as soon as they are coated. South Indian fish Fry is famous for its style and can be made with just a few ingredients.
Fish fry Recipe:
Including fish in your diet is most beneficial than any other type of meat. So, I recommend using the healthiest option, “Salmon”. It is rich in Omega 3, a major source of protein and Vitamin B, loaded with antioxidants. But to improve its taste, the crunchier the better, so why not make a “Fish Fry”.
Semolina fish is healthy by about 120 calories, per serving, Serves 4 people, Cooking Time 35-40 minutes. Quick and Easy!
1) Fish Fillets (depends on your choice), we have used Salmon 5-6 pieces
2) Semolina Flour – 1/2 cup (easily available in major markets or you can simply use maida)
3) Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
4) Red chili powder (Paprika) – 1/2 tsp
5) Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
6) Salt – to taste
7) Olive Oil – For shallow frying
Method for Fish Fry:
- Wash Fish Fillets and remove the skin if necessary, be sure to use soft hands while washing and rubbing when using Salmon, as the pieces are delicate and break easily.
- In a bowl, combine a tablespoon of oil, salt, paprika, lemon juice and garlic.
- Spread and rub all over the pieces of fish.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once marinated, take a pan and heat a tablespoon of oil in it.
- On a plate spread the Semolina flour.
- Wrap the fish fillets in Semolina flour and fry them in a pan.
- It usually takes 5-7 minutes on medium heat for the fish to fry from one side, turn and fry another 5-7 minutes on the other side.
- It may take a few more minutes to get the crispy and cook well.
- When done, remove from the plate and serve hot with the sauce or dip of your choice.
I am sure that these fish recipes will impress your palate and prove a lot. Hence I wish to try these recipes and enjoy their delicious taste and aroma.